Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Sculpey III

So yesterday, Teresa and I went to this place called Dee's. It's an arts and crafts store. Basically... Michaels meets a bead store. We went there because she has been looking around on deviantART for a while now, looking at all these Sculpey things. Sculpey is a form of modeling clay that once you are done making something, you can bake it in the oven, and it becomes hard. So you can make phone charms, ornaments, figurines... a whole lotta stuff basically.

So we went to the store and got some and came home and started making stuff. I've only made 2 things, and they could be A LOT better because we don't have sand paper right now, so they are kind of ROUGH AS HELL. And my painting needs MUCHO improvement.

Anywho. I made an octopus based off this person's tutorial. It's okay, but I painted it black. And there's no eyes.



The other thing I made was Shnitzel from Chowder. He rocks. This is about 1.25 inches tall.



So hopefully, Teresa is going to get glaze and sandpaper today at Michaels and then these will look a lot better. The glaze will make them shiny and durable.

No comments: